Tech Cord is an exceptionally strong cord made of a 100 % Technora® core surrounded by a polyester sheath. This small diameter high strength rope is very abrasion resistant and is perfect as a cordelette rope, for balancing anchors, slinging chocks and hexes or as an emergency rappel line. Tech cord is also used as a zip line brake. This cord was originally designed in conjunction with the US Military as an emergency rappel and bailout cord. It is still used in those applications today.
- Exceptionally strong for it’s size!
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Perfect for pre-tied cordelettes
- Perfect for anchors.
- Small and strong enough for slinging chocks, nuts and hexes
- Super light-weight with a very high strength to weight ratio
- May be used as an emergency rappel line (5mm recommended)
- Core- Technora
- Cover- Polyester